Holy Faith Convent Couva was the first secondary school in the Central rural area. Established in 1951, it remained small until the introduction of free education in the 60s. However, the warm, loving family atmosphere of the small school was well grounded to adapt, not only to over 700 pupils, but to a multi-denominational student body today.
One of the pioneer sisters, Sr. Magdalena McBride, was principal for over twenty years and it was a joy for the school when the first lay principal, Pamela Punch, was also a past-pupil. Today Ms. Angela Iloo is principal, and our Sr. Theresa Vialva is vice-principal. Theresa also teaches Spanish, Communication Studies and Caribbean Studies and Sr. Mary Anthony is involved in the school on a part-time basis teaching Religious Education